Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Washcloth knitting pattern



From http://myjewelthief.typepad.com/myjewelthief_knits/2008/12/doubel-bump-scarves.html

I love patterns that don't need to be very precise. I was looking for a nice soft washcloth for my face & I tried this pattern from MyJewelThief. I've already made two. One on size 8 needles and another on size 3. 
On Size US 8 needles
PATTERN:  Cast on 37 (or multiple of 3 + 1)
Row 1: Slip 1st stitch as if to knit,  (P2, K1) across to end of row. (RS)
Row 2:  Slip 1st stitch as if to purl, (K2, P1) across to end of row. (WS)
Row 3: Slip 1st stitch as if to knit,  Knit across to end of row. (RS)
Row 4: Slip 1st stitch as if to purl,  Purl across to end of row. (WS)
Repeat these 4 rows 12 more times ending on Row 2. You will have 13 rows of the pattern.

On Size US 3 (3.25mm) needles
 Or you can do what I did & completely mess up the first 8 rows, then make sure to mess up the last 8 rows to make it look intentional. 
On Size US 3 (3.25mm) needles
Also, I used the same yarn, but the lighting is a bit different in each picture. I really like how tight the size 3 washcloth turned out, but we'll see what I end up using more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

Bookmark and Share