Thursday, May 6, 2010

Book Review: Tigerheart

The way a Sequel to a Classic story, made much later, by someone else, should be made. 

I admit, I haven't read the original story of Peter Pan. But I know the story, and have seen multiple movies, so forth about Peter Pan, & Finding Never-land.
While maintaining the feel, that old-world British setting, it's a bit darker than the Disney cartoon, (which I bet is closer to the original).

The author, Peter David, was able to take the story and make it his own. There are pirates, mermaids, Indians, as well as a Tiger. I also really enjoyed his narrative, that occasionally 'broke the 4th wall', by speaking to the reader. This book I highly recommend, especially for those who sometimes feel like being an adult isn't that great.

Visit this link, for a much longer/in depth review from Ain't it Cool News

Major Themes (tags): Growing-Up, Imagination, Childhood

1 comment:

  1. Cool. You should try reading the original story. It is indeed dark... and quite bittersweet. It may surprise you!
    Here's another Peter Pan book to read... it's different from all the rest.
    Click!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Bookmark and Share